Friday, August 29, 2008

A Week of Freedom



It's been awhile since I have blogged. Life can get away with me sometimes. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. We had a speaker come last week names Kenny Peavy. He is the director of the YWAM School of Worship in LA. God has gifted him greatly in the prophetic, and through him God set the stage for our students and DTS staff both to move past old wounds, throw down lies that Satan has made them believe for years, and forgive people that have wounded them. It was an intense week, but so good and so needed. Myself, through a series of events, God brought light to old wounds I had not dealt with, and how much I was operating and reacting out of these old wounds. Late one night I was so grieved by some news I received, I went to our garage,to seek God for wisdom and guidance, and I just ended up crying and crying. And I felt God speak so clearly to me that blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. And I felt and heard Him so much in that moment. His comfort, His words of life, and I was just able to cry over things I had never allowed myself to mourn over, and just feel the comfort and love from my Heavenly Father. It was so incredible! God did so much in our week with Kenny, and I could go on and on. But ultimately, it just really made me see how much our God is a restorer of broken things, and a comforter. I love my Daddy!

No comments: